The Chorszul synagogue (from
Chóralna hebrew) in Bialystok, called Zabludowski - a non existed synagogue which was located in the
center of the new Jewish quarter at ul. Żydowska (now Białówny). The synagogue was built in 1834 on
the initiative and funds of the rich and influential Zabłudowski family, just behind their family
residence. The colloquial name of the synagogue comes from their name. Chorszul was the first
synagogue in Białystok to which the choir was introduced, led by such celebrities as prof. A.
Zaludkowski, Jakub Berman and Abraham Bernstein. The Zamenhof family attended the Chorszul
During the liquidation of the ghetto in 1943, the building burned down and was
Chór synagogi Chroszul 1936 r.:
Kantor Bonufka, Pinchas Friedman,
Szulsinger (Schulsinger), Szewitze, Izaak Krewicki Krawiecki? Niszt,
A. Schwartz (Szwarc), Portnoj.